The Catch-Up: May 27th, 2013 – Possible PS4 Remote-Control Via iPad, Amazon Gold Box Tomorrow, David Jaffe Talks God of War
It’s Monday, so that means a mix of news from today, yesterday, the day before, and even a little before that. Without further adieu, here’s The Catch-Up for May 27th:
- A listing for the Ghost Recon Anthology showed up on Amazon.ca, with a June 18th release date and $29.99 price. If this is anything like the one in the UK, it’ll include Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2. We’ve reached out to Ubisoft and will update you on any further information.
- The two finalists for the NHL 14 Cover Vote are Martin Brodeur and Sergei Bobrovsky. Yes, two goalies from two teams that didn’t make the playoffs are the two choices, though they are both good picks based on their performance this season.
- You can expect an Amazon Gold Box tomorrow, May 28th. Full details should be posted on PSLS early in the morning.
- Shahid Ahmad was at it yet again on Twitter, saying that there’s “dozens more games coming to Vita on my watch. Dozens. Hear me? DOZENS. Some seriously good games on their way this year. (And next).”
- Brian Provinciano (Retro City Rampage) revealed that the final boss in the game would kill players with just one hit, something he changed at the end of development. Brian also confirmed he’s working on another open world project after still being excited about the genre.
- In an article on Edge, David Jaffe talked God of War and said, “There are cinematic moments and character moments I’m proud of, but I think maybe it was too combat-centric. Today I would make it more like Zelda, ironically: I’d immerse you in being the hero rather than watching him. By making that game, I’ve realised there’s more to be mined from gameplay that way, rather than just taking people for a ride.”
Very Interesting PS4 News of the Day From a Few Days Ago
- Richard Lemarchand, Former Lead Game Designer at Naughty Dog, tweeted that “Neil Brown of SCEE is describing the PlayStation 4 hardware in detail at
@NordicGame. The GPGPU alone is going to make for MINDBLOWING games.” He followed this up with “the PlayStation 4 social and video sharing features Neil Brown is revealing are going to change console gaming. Remote-control PS4 via iPad!” Neil Brown is Team Leader of R&D at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, and there’s a PlayStation App coming, so it looks like this could be legit, but only time will tell.
- What Remains, the first episode of a fan-made series based off the world in The Last of Us, was released and you can check it out here. Be warned, it’s a slow 18 minutes, with some less-than-stellar acting, and a weird mannequin. Also, don’t look at the overviews for future episodes because they spoil everything (I made the mistake of looking).
- Set for a September release date on PlayStation 3, Young Justice: Legacy was given a full-length trailer, complete with gameplay. Before you get your hopes up about the “smash-hit Cartoon Network show” the game is based off of, know that the show was cancelled earlier this year:
- Here’s a gameplay video for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, which shows it off on PC and PS3:
What did you think of What Remains? Would you want to remote-control your PS4 with an iPad? Do you know what team Sergei Bobrovsky plays for? Let us know in the comments below.