340,000 People Visited gamescom 2013, PS4 Wins as Best Hardware
The final numbers for gamescom 2013 have been tallied, with over 340,000 people from 88 counties visiting the event in Cologne, Germany, a 23% increase compared to last year.
Dr. Maximilian Schenk, Managing Director of the Federal Association of Interactive Entertainment Software, talked about the event:
The gamescom 2013 was a complete success for the consumers, manufacturers and for the market. The more than 340,000 visitors impressively underline the constantly growing relevance of digital games. The new generation of games and consoles presented at the trade fair will give the market a clear boost.
Furthermore, the impressive increase in the attendance figures proves that the gamescom is the most relevant consumer and trade visitor fair for computer and video games worldwide. We would like to extend our special thanks to the fans, the visitors, exhibitors, partners, to the City of Cologne, the State of North Rhine-Westphalia, to our partner country France and particularly to the Koelnmesse, who have turned the gamescom into such an impressive and fantastic trade fair experience and success.
As for the gamescom 2013 awards given out by an “international jury comprising of experts from the world’s leading games media” (we were too busy), you can check out all the winners below:
- Best PlayStation Game – Destiny
- Best Wii/Wii U Game – Mario Kart 8
- Best Xbox Game – Titanfall
- Best Next Generation Console Game – Titanfall
- Best Action Game – Destiny
- Best Role Playing Game – The Elder Scrolls Online
- Best Racing Game – Forza Motorsport 5
- Best Sports Game – FIFA 14
- Best Simulation Game – WarThunder
- Best Family Game – Mario Kart 8
- Best Hardware Including Peripheral – PlayStation 4
- Best Mobile Game – The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
- Best Online Multiplayer Game – Destiny
- Best PC Game – Battlefield 4
- Best Social/Casual/Online Game – The Elder Scrolls Online
- Best of gamescom – Destiny
Are you surprised by any of the winners? Let us know in the comments below.