DriveClub’s AI, Audio & Ambient Lighting Still Being Improved; “We Care About Even the Smallest Details”
Over the weekend, Evolution Studios posted a series of very short DriveClub gameplay clips (6 – 11 seconds) on their Facebook page, which you can view by going to each of the following links: Norway Impact, Scotland, India Stampede, Norway Drift.
Within each of the video posts, the DriveClub Facebook account gave out some details regarding where the game is now, what they’re working on, and that we can expect a full race video coming this week:
- “The sun, the clouds and the ambient lighting inside the car will all look better soon, because we’re about to upgrade the lighting and atmospheric optics.”
- “The handling team refined the model again just this week – and will continue to do so up to release – so hopefully you’ll give it a second go and get a better feel for it.”
- “As well as the lighting upgrades… we also want to let you know that the AI and the audio are still being improved too, because we care about even the smallest details. You can expect to hear better engine and collision sounds in the game, which we’ll keep showing you more of during development.”
- “We’re about to start optimizing the reflections in the mirrors too.”
- On whether there will be car customization: “Yes! You’ll be able to personalize your cars and share your design with your club. It looks bad ass when you roll into a race with your clubmates and you’re all sporting the same style and colors.”
- On screen tearing: “We’re still optimizing the game. It happens rarely at the moment, but even that’s too often. Stay tuned for progress and full videos up to release.”
We’ll be sure to let you know when the full race video for DriveClub is published.
What did you think of the short DriveClub gameplay clips? Let us know in the comments below.