Trine 2: Complete Story Confirmed for PS4; Runs at 60fps/1080p, Includes 3D (Update: Aiming for PS4 Launch, PS4′s Power is “Amazing”)
Update: Frozenbyte has given out more details regarding Trine 2: Complete Story, including that they’re aiming for PS4 launch, but nothing is confirmed yet. Although this is unconfirmed as well, they do expect pricing to follow that of the Steam version, which would place it at $19.99/€16.99. Stay tuned for official confirmation on both the price and release date as it arrives.
Frozenbyte CEO, Lauri Hyvärinen, said of Trine 2: Complete Story:
The PS4 has been a joy to develop on, and the power of the console is amazing. Trine 2: Complete Story even with all its graphical splendor runs in full 1080p with steady 60 fps.We also support stereoscopic 3D and it’s just amazing to see the beautiful world come alive in such great detail on displays that support 3D, we definitely recommend everyone to check it out if given the chance.
They also gave a rundown of the features you can expect from the game:
- Three heroes – the Wizard, the Thief and the Knight – in a story-driven adventure full of fantasy
- Physics-based puzzles with fire, water, gravity and magic
- Plenty of skills and abilities to solve puzzles in different play styles
- Intuitive control system designed to take full advantage of the PS4 controller’s touch surface
- Online and local co-op with up to three players
- Includes the expansion Trine 2: Goblin Menace
- Includes the Dwarven Caverns level, unlocked by collecting secret map pieces
- 20 exciting levels in total, ranging from lush forests to a burning desert, to the insides of a giant sand worm
- Beautiful graphics in Full HD 1080p, 60 fps
- Stereoscopic 3D support
Original Story: Originally popping up as part of a Finnish gaming expo, Trine 2 has officially been confirmed for the PlayStation 4, coming in the form of Trine 2: Complete Story. Although there is currently no release window or news about it possibly being Cross Buy, Frozenbyte has revealed that they will be self publishing the game on PS4.
Trine 2: Complete Story will be the “very latest” version of Trine 2, including 20 levels – the main campaign, along with the Goblin Menace expansion and Dwarven Caverns secret level. As well, the PS4 has allowed Frozenbyte to put Trine 2: Complete Story in 1080p at 60fps, with stereoscopic 3D being supported as well.
Here’s a brief description of the game:
Trine 2: Complete Story is a sidescrolling game filled with action, puzzles, and platforming. You play as the Thief, the Wizard and the Knight, known as the Three Heroes, who make their way through dangers untold in a fantastical fairytale world.
Will you be picking up Trine 2: Complete Story? Let us know in the comments below.