Today’s Blacklight: Retribution PS4 Update Adds a Horde Mode, New Maps, Improved Framerate, More
One of the PS4′s free-to-play titles, Blacklight: Retribution, is still in beta form, though that hasn’t stopped Zombie Studios from releasing a sizable update for the game today that includes a new mode, new maps, matchmaking optimizations and more.
Here’s a quick look at everything you get with the new update:
Onslaught Game Mode
- This new mode puts four Blacklight Agents against an endless horde of infected, tasking you with surviving and co-operating to beat the challenges as a team. Zombie Studios promises that each wave and enemy type in Onslaught “will force you to adapt as the threat changes.”
New Multiplayer Maps
- Metro – Set in an abandoned subway station long since taken over by squatters, you’ll face fierce firefights in the narrow corridors. Only teams who find a way to exploit open avenues of attack can succeed here. Watch your flanks, and make sure you know which way the threat is coming.
- Decay – A slum fortress set deep in the worst and most rundown area of the city. Threats will come from above and below in this rat warren. Teams will need to stay sharp as they move together and watch the roof tops and ruined buildings. Keep your eyes peeled for ambushes in the shadows, and don’t get pinned down.
- Private servers have been introduced to Blacklight: Retribution, allowing you to set up matches for you and your friends against who you want.
- These improvements allow you to find a game much easier in matchmaking, while host migration and host selection has been improved as well. In addition, Zombie Studios has added tools that will allow them to further tune matchmaking going forward.
- Thanks to player feedback, Zombie Studios has improved the framerate, brought out faster loads, and made the overall experience smoother.
Once Blacklight: Retribution is out of beta, and has trophies, we’ll let you know.
Have you been playing Blacklight: Retribution, or are you waiting until it gets out of beta? Let us know in the comments below.