Action Shooter Guns, Gore & Cannoli Hits PS4 on December 8
Announced back in April for consoles, Guns, Gore & Cannoli from Crazy Monkey Studios is coming to PlayStation 4 on December 8 in North America and Europe, following “its successful release for PC and Mac and doing even better on Xbox One.”
Described as a 2D, fast-paced hilarious action shooter, Guns, Gore & Cannoli includes a campaign mode, co-op mode, 13 additional free skins, and a Versus mode, including seven additional battle arenas.
Crazy Monkey talked about Versus mode:
Play against your friends or try beating the expert battle AI our programmers prepared for you. But beware, you won’t be fighting mindless zombies or airheaded goons this time. This AI will be controlled by 21kb seemingly gibberish code that will blast you of the map.
Here’s the full description for Guns, Gore & Cannoli:
Imagine The Godfather playing Metal Slug on the Night of the Living Dead. Guns, Gore & Cannoli is an over-the-top, comical, fast-paced action game with hand drawn graphics set in the Roaring Twenties. Meet Vinnie Cannoli, a hard-boiled gangster who comes to Thugtown, to find a goodfella who is gone missing. Nothing that can’t be solved with a kind word with the local gangsters though. Especially when you’re packing a Tommy gun and a double barrel shotgun to be a little more persuasive. There’s only one thing that’s holding him back… Every friggin’ lowlife in the city turned into a flesh-eating maniac. This is survival horror, wiseguy style… Capiche?
- Action-Packed Gameplay – Prepare yourself for a non-stop, action-packed, completely over-the-top, platform game where you have to fight, shoot, blast and kick your way through a deeply engrossing story. Not only will you have to take on the undead, but also rivalling gangsters and government officials.
- Epic Gangster Story – Beneath the city overrun by zombies, there’s a dark story of conspiracy and betrayal. Unravel the sneaky mafia ways and government conspiracy while you try to look for your lost pal and for answers about the zombie-outbreak.
- Beautifully hand-drawn 2d graphics and animations – Step into the atmospherical, shady world built by HD hand-drawn 2d graphics. Experience fluid animations and cinematic style cut-scenes.
- Immersive World and Period – Despite Prohibition and the imminent Depression, people are ready to drink themselves to (un)dead. Every inch of the game is like a picture straight from the Prohibition era. The cars, the furniture, the Speakeasy clubs, the music and the weaponry reflect the turbulent days of the roaring twenties.
- Co-op mode – Partner up with friends and unravel the mystery together.
Will you be getting Guns, Gore & Cannoli next month?