Warframe Update on PS4 & Xbox One Adds Inaros Warframe, New Weapons
Along with celebrating three years of Warframe, developer Digital Extremes released the Sands of Inaros update today on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, which adds new gameplay modes for Orokin Moon, a new Quest, the mummy-themed Inaros Warframe, and more.
Here’s the biggest changes with today’s Warframe update:
New Inaros Warframe
Consume the life of your enemies and embrace a richness of health with Lotus’ newest warrior, Inaros. Use your abilities to siphon the health from those who would defy you, or force their submission by summoning the might of Phobos’ sandstorms.
Inaros’ Abilities are as follows:
- Dessication – Blast enemies with a wave of cursed sand that blinds them and steals their health.
- Devour – Hold power to trap target in quicksand and draw them in for devouring; this steals health and ultimately creates a friendly Sand Shadow.
- Sandstorm – Become a whirling spiral of sand that sends enemies flying and devours those trapped in quicksand.
- Scarab Swarm – Charge to transform health into hardened scarab armor. Discharge to blast enemies with a scarab swarm; survivors have their health drained and bestowed on allies.
Orokin Moon – New Game Modes
The Orokin Moon tileset has been expanded to include new Game Modes.
These additions include:
- Defense, Spy and Capture Missions.
- 20 new environmental tiles.
- Overall improvements to older tileset rooms, including graphical and lighting adjustments.
- Lesion – An instrument of unrelenting harm.
- Mutalist Cernos – Overcome with Infestation, this bow’s arrows now spread poisonous contagion to any surface they hit.
- Dual Toxocyst – Brain-strikes excite this bioweapon, causing it to rapidly release toxic munitions.
- Staticor – The Staticor fires slow-moving energy bolts that explode upon hitting a surface, dealing Radiation damage in an area of effect.
Trinity Deluxe Skin Collection
Stand out on the battlefield and embrace the dark side of style with the new Trinity Deluxe Skin Collection. This collection of skins features a new Deluxe Skin for Trinity, the Bo Staff skin, and a Trinity-inspired set of armor for your Kubrow companion.
- Trinity Strega Skin – Embrace the dark power that swirls through this Trinity skin.
- Bo Volu Skin – Enchant the Bo with this skin.
- Bruja Kubrow Armor – Kubrow armor in the style of the Trinity Strega Skin.
- New ‘Convergence’ Focus-boosting drops will appear in Missions where players have a Focus Lens equipped.
- The Sands of Inaros update also brings a complete overhaul for Warframe’s User Interface, including new features and more intuitive settings for private conversations and player searching.
As part of their other celebrations, Digital Extremes announced that, since release in 2013, “more than 22 million players have played 2.1 billion Missions, crafted more than 18.5 million Warframes in the Foundry, killed 13.8 billion enemy Grineer Lancers, and gained more than 53.9 trillion XP!”
If you login to Warframe between April 8 at 11am PT/2pm ET and April 15 at 11am PT/2pm ET, you’ll automatically receive the Dex Sybaris, a Lotus-themed lever action rifle. Additionally, you’ll also be given the first and second anniversary gifts: the Dex Furis and Dex Dakra. Each is equipped with a Catalyst and includes a Weapon Slot.
How long have you been playing Warframe?