Battleborn Update Introduces Three New Competitive Multiplayer Maps on Thursday
Developer Gearbox has detailed the latest update bound for its online-centric hero shooter, Battleborn.
Set to land on Thursday, July 20, the patch heralds the arrival of three new maps for competitive multiplayer — namely Monuments, Outskirts and Snowblind — which each offer their own spin on the Incursion, Meltdown, and Capture game modes.
Available to download free of charge, an official blog post from Gearbox outlined some tips and tricks to help Battleborn players get accustomed to the new arenas.
- There is a Skill Jump path over the middle of the map leads to your first sentry, and you’re going to want to defend this point aggressively. If left unguarded, agile enemy players can sneak in easily at this spot and get access to your sentry.
- A high ledge overlooks the Minion lane entering your first sentry, and is a perfect place for a long-rage character to dominate. As a bonus, there’s a nearby Shard that can be farmed when your sniper isn’t raining pain down from this perch.
- You’ll want to keep your Logistics nodes built and maintained to keep your Minion waves running at top speed.
- Keep an eye out for a back route to sneak into your enemy’s Boss Sentry area.
- Key turrets in the backfield of the map become increasingly important during the second half of the match. Outskirts has very strong sightlines for these backfield buildables, so you’re going to want to keep them up and running.
- You’ll want to build your Super Minions before the enemy grinders move. Getting Super Minions all the way to the back grinders will be difficult.
- Make it a point to claim the second floor of the Mausoleum in the center of the Slums lane. It’s an easy point to defend, and gives you control over the lane if you own it.
- On Snowblind, Point C is the most remote capture point but also the most important. It offers some of the strongest defense and longest sightlines into the rest of the map.
- For long-range characters, hanging out at Point C will give you a clear view of nearly half the map.
- If the enemy team owns Point C, use the bridge in the center map to pick them off with some long-range and careful shooting.
More details are expected to be released before Battleborn‘s update lands on Thursday, July 20 across all platforms.