Slain: Back From Hell Releases on September 13 for PS4, This Fall for PS Vita
An intense platformer that features brutal arcade-style combat and a heavy metal soundtrack, Slain: Back From Hell is coming to PlayStation 4 on September 13, Xbox One on October 5, and PlayStation Vita this fall for $12.99 USD, Digerati Distribution and developers Andrew Gilmour and 22nd Century Toys announced today.
In this “Castlevania type of game,” you play as Bathoryn, a doomed hero in a Gothic world. On your quest to liberate six cursed realms from six deadly overlords, which should take about six hours, you’ll use three different elemental weapons to fight the demon hordes.
Here’s the list of features in Slain: Back From Hell:
- Challenging ‘elemental’- based melee and magical combat
- 6 hours of bone-crushing, metal-fueled mayhem & gore
- Choose from 3 unique weapons in your fight against the demon hordes.
- Full soundtrack recorded by Curt Victor Bryant formally of Celtic Frost. \m/
- Cunningly concealed secrets (shhh).
- Boss fights, mini-boss fights, sub-mini- boss fights & macro-sub- mini-boss fights.
- No laborious leveling, no tedious grinding, no wimpy crafting!
Digerati’s Nick Alfieri said, “Since launching on PC Slain has undergone a complete overhaul that has made the game a strong mixture of gory combat, platforming and strategy. These changes have earned high praise from the community and soon enough console gamers will get to experience the ultimate metal game.”
It’s unclear if Slain will have cross-buy on PlayStation.