Warframe: The War Within Is Out Today
Warframe‘s biggest update of the year is now available. Called The War Within, this major update adds a new cinematic quest for players to finish, a new planet called Sedna, and new weapons to battle against. Like the base game, the update is available for free, so you won’t have to get your wallet out to play the new content.
Here are the main points of interest of The War Within courtesy of the game’s website:
- NEW CINEMATIC QUEST & NEW GAMEPLAY
- The Grineer Empire grows stronger as a cryptic adversary surfaces. What secrets does the Grineer Empire keep? Underpowered, unprepared and forced out of your comfort, you must find it in yourself to improvise, not just to save yourself but the fate of all Tenno. The Queens’ Fortress awaits, where both Warframe and Operator will be pushed past their limits as they slowly unravel mysteries about the Tenno’s past and their true capabilities.
- The War Within is available to all Tenno who have completed the Second Dream and have unlocked the planet Sedna.
- NEW TILESET
- The Queens’ Fortress hosts a maze of caves and Grineer technology, but elements of red, black and gold suggest areas more ornate than we’ve seen from the Grineer. The Fortress is heavily guarded with new and dangerous foes. Bypass their heavy defenses and enter the Queens’ Chamber to uncover their hidden secrets.
- NEW ENEMIES
- Dark forces have surfaced and have challenged the lives of all Tenno. Uncover the secrets behind these enemies.
- KUVA GUARDIANS – Wearing heavy armor and adorned in red cloth, the Kuva Guardians are among the fighting elite in the Queens’ army. The Kuva Guardians will surround you and with just a few well-placed blows, bring you to your knees.
- KUVA JESTER – Beware of these mischievous, Jester-like creatures that are quick to attack and are quite deadly.
A full list of additions can be found over at the game’s website. It’s pretty substantial, especially when you consider that the price of admission is just the free time of the players. Will you be jumping back into Warframe? Let us know in the comments below!