Disc Jam Update 1.08 Includes Stat Tracking, Skill-Based Matchmaking
Disc Jam update 1.08 is now live on PlayStation 4 and PC, and it includes skill ratings, skill-based matchmaking, stat tracking, some tweaks, and a couple of fixes. Because they added “a ton more tracking to enable some big features down the road,” developer High Horse made the decision to reset all stats.
Here’s the full list of patch notes for the latest Disc Jam update:
- Added stat tracking! Press the STATS button on the main menu to display your lifetime statistics. Highlight any stat to to see where you rank globally and among your friends. Compare your stats against another player by selecting them from within the leaderboards. We’re tracking a TON of stuff under the hood now so expect more to come!
- Added skill ratings and skill-based matchmaking! Play 10 provisional matches to receive an estimated skill rating. This rating is used to rank you globally and among your friends as well as to find you matches that better match your skill level.
- Added some requested flags.
- Lobs are now punished by poor timing. Mistimed lobs will take longer to land and are more susceptible to perfect/supers.
- Reduced volume of air horn sound.
- Updated footstep SFX attenuation.
- Fixed up some of the player emblems.
- Adjusted scale of the patterns on Haruka’s skins.
- Slightly reduced Makenna’s speed and acceleration.
- Increased Haruka’s slide speed/length.
- Increased Haruka’s perfect throw speed and juiced throw speed.
- Face buttons on the controller no longer trigger repeat button presses in the UI when held down.
- Cleaned up some artifacts in Haruka’s animations.
Looking at the future of Disc Jam, High Horse says they’ll release more characters, maps, and offline/AI modes.
If you’re a PlayStation Plus member and haven’t grabbed Disc Jam yet, it leaves the Instant Game Collection early tomorrow.