Call of Cthulhu E3 2017 Trailer Embraces the Madness
In a press release, Focus Home Interactive has revealed the E3 2017 trailer for Cyanide Studio’s (Styx series)”RPG-investigation” game, Call of Cthulhu.
As one can expect, a lot of creepiness awaits private investigator and game protagonist, Edward Pierce, as his trek to Darkwater Island to uncover the truth behind the mysterious death of a family spirals out of control and into madness.
Plunge into the troubled mind of private investigator Edward Pierce, as his perception of reality becomes more and more skewed the closer he gets to the Great Dreamer’s sphere of influence. Clutch to your withering sanity to discover the conspiracies, the cultists and otherworldly terrors that inhabit the twisted universe imagined by Lovecraft… it is said that madness is the only way that can bring you to the truth.
Sent to Darkwater Island to uncover the truth behind a mysterious death of a family, your original assignment spirals out of control against a backdrop of suspicious locals, mutilated whales, and disappearing bodies. Pierce’s mind will suffer – balancing a razor-thin line between sanity and madness, your senses will be disrupted until you question the reality of everything around you. Trust no one. Creeping shadows hide lurking figures… and all the while, the Great Dreamer prepares for his awakening.
In case you’re not familiar with Call of Cthulhu, the key features of the title can be seen below.
- Investigative RPG set in the Lovecraft Universe, developed with Unreal Engine 4
- Play as Edward Pierce and shed light on Sarah Hawkins murder, while facing the horrors of a grim island filled with monstrosities lurking in the dark
- Doubt your own senses and experience true madness, thanks to the game’s unique sanity and psychosis crisis mechanics. Enhance your character’s abilities and use new skills to discover the truth
- Recruit and lead a small team of investigators, sending them across the island to solve various cases
- Experience rich, open exploration, full of deep dialogue, with meaningful choices that impact the narrative and relationships with your companions.
Set for release this year on the PS4, Xbox One and PC, Call of Cthulhu might just be the ticket if you’re an RPG fan who loves a dash of horror in your games.