New Survival Game Fade to Silence Announced For PS4
During the Game Awards last night, THQ Nordic and Black Forest Games took to the stage to announce a new survival game called Fade to Silence for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Set in the “cold and deadly world of an apocalyptic winter,” the game’s brief trailer (below) showcases a man braving a harsh storm, riding a snowmobile and trekking through the snow as he tries to fend off some scary looking creatures.
According to THQ Nordic, the game puts you in the role of Ash, a leader who must explore a post-apocalyptic frozen wasteland to gather the resources necessary for survival. According to a brief description of the game, players must face off against “Eldritch monsters” while also battling the unrelenting winter. Not only will Ash have to struggle to find food and shelter, players will also have to be smart enough to fight off monsters as well. No release information has been revealed for the console versions of the game, but for PC users, Fade to Silence hits Steam Early Access next week, on December 14.
For more on the game, make sure to check out some of the features below:
• Explore a vast winter landscape: The launch version lets you explore a river delta, a dense forest region and cultivated farmland of an 8km² area.
• Wolf Sled Expeditions: Pack your sled, take a follower with you and engage in long term expeditions into the farthest regions.
• Fight System: Tiered weapon system, melee and ranged combat.
• Moral choices: Save and recruit various NPCs to join your group. Harsh choices have to be made; who do you take, who do you leave behind.
• Battle increasingly dangerous Eldritch creatures that roam an apocalyptic world.
• Trust your inner voice. It is your friend.
Make sure to stay tuned for any updates on Fade to Silence.