Developer Ratloop Asia has released the debut trailer for Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken, their take on if chickens could kick some ass and take names while doing it. The game is a sequel to the browser-based game, Rocketbirds: Revolution!, and stars Hardboiled Chicken in his attempt to bring down an immoral regime lead by the evil penguin leader Putzki.
Besides a rocking and unique soundtrack from New World Revolution, the game will also have the following features:
- 15 Chapters in Solo Campaign: Assume the role of Hardboiled Chicken, kick ass, kill penguins and take names on a mission to assassinate the evil penguin leader.
- 10 Chapters in Co-Op Campaign: Select a pair from the dirty half-dozen Budgie commando characters and set out on a mission to save the general’s daughter.
- Puzzles: Your birdie-brain must think quickly to use your environment and solve a variety of puzzles to move on to each level.
- Stereoscopic 3D: Fantastic, non-dizzying Stereoscopic 3D support, running at 60fps/720p enhance the visuals wherever available.
- Mini-stories: The plot thickens as you unlock cut-scenes and music videos at each level that uncover the truth about the totalitarian regime and Hardboiled’s mysterious past.
- Weapons: Kill penguins with a cache of guns you’ll find along the way from pistols, shotguns and Uzis to MP5s, M60s and AK-47s. Bring down the regime with grenades and other explosives. Unlock the ultimate weapon – Brain Bugs!
No word yet on pricing or an exact date, but the game is currently set for an October release, exclusively for the PlayStation Network.