Are you prepared to read about Gran Turismo 6, How to Surive, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate, and so much more?
All The News
- A Sony spokesperson said that “there is no reason to think the proposed release window for GT6 will not be achieved.” Basically, don’t expect Gran Turismo 6 to miss its planned October/November release date. Let’s just hope they don’t charge us for the demo this time.
- 505 Games announced How to Survive today, a new IP coming to the PSN (and XBLA/Steam) this fall that strands you on a remote archipelago off the coast of Colombia. Included is a crafting system, various playable characters, unique survival guide, as well as “local and online multiplayer story and challenge modes to take on a growing array of the infected.”
- Christian Svensson, Senior Vice President of Capcom, said that “for a Western release, I don’t believe there are any additional PSP [Monster Hunter] titles planned. Sorry.” So don’t expect a handheld Monster Hunter anytime soon in the West on PlayStation.
- According to Jesper Donnis’s (previously a Game Designer at IO Interactive), LinkedIn profile, the company was working on a Hitman: Tactics game back in 2006 and a Kane & Lynch: Tactics game in 2007. Both were planned for the PSP and DS, and both were cancelled.
- Students at RMIT University were given the task of creating a game sleeve for Journey on the PS3. Check out their results here.
- The name of the dog in Call of Duty: Ghosts isn’t Colin. They’re saving the reveal of the dog’s name for a later date, so you’ll have to wait before finding out what you can yell out when he dies.
- Ascent of Kings was released on PlayStation Mobile for $.99. Check out the trailer for the game by following this link.
- The Jak & Daxter Collection for PlayStation Vita in Europe releases on June 19th, one day after North America.
- FuturLab will be re-submitting Velocity Ultra to QA in North America tomorrow. As soon as they announce a release date, we’ll let you know.
- Ken Levine explained where DLC comes from: “Sometimes, when a game and it’s team love each other very much…”
- Ken Levine answered “more or less” when asked if Andrew Ryan’s name was based off an anagram of ‘Ayn Rand’.
- Part 2 of ‘Damsel in Distress – Tropes vs Women in Video Games’ has been uploaded to YouTube. Be warned though, as it does contain end-game spoilers for a wide variety of titles (read the video description for the full list of spoiled games).
- Here’s the video for Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate, starring Ein and Jacky:
What do you think the dog in Call of Duty: Ghosts should be called? Where do you think DLC comes from? Let us know in the comments below.