Unexpected non-gaming, non-hockey trade deadline news today: Trailer Park Boys seasons 8 and 9 are coming exclusively to Netflix.
- It is a little odd that we still don’t know about a release date for Borderlands 2 on PS Vita considering it gets its own console bundle, but Randy Pitchford of Gearbox did recently say “home stretch” in a tweet focused on Borderlands 2 PS Vita. Seems like we won’t have to wait much longer. [Twitter]
- By calling 1-844-HELP-DUP (1-844-435-7387) within the US, you’ll get to hear a fun inFamous: Second Son Easter Egg. Don’t want to call? Listen to just the audio over here. [Via]
- The PlayStation Store in Europe launched their March sales today, offering up discounts on over 50 items, including rain, Starhawk, Tokyo Jungle, Just Cause 2, and many more. [Check It Out]
- Alex Ward and Fiona Sperry, formerly of Criterion, have revealed their new studio, Three Fields Entertainment. They’re in the process of hiring and not much is known about what they’ll be working on, but Alex Ward did say, “We will make games for all platforms where we can self-publish.” [Twitter 1, 2]
- Apparently there was a slight PSN outage earlier today that very few people even noticed. START PANICKING!!!! [Twitter]
- To celebrate the release of The Business Update for Grand Theft Auto V, Rockstar is holding a Business Update Event Weekend from March 7th – 9th, giving you higher payouts on Air Races, more RP in Land Races, and much more. [Full Details]
- The long awaited patch for Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus on PS3 is now available to download. [Here’s all the Patch Notes]
- Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars will be released for the PS Vita (and 3DS) on April 15th in North America (Europe in Q2 2014), with Atlus announcing that a demo is scheduled to hit the PlayStation Store (and eShop) on March 25th. Offering a taste of the game, your demo saves will carry over to the full version, while anyone who completes the demo will be given “a set of bonus goodies to help them out in the game.” [Press Release]
- Due to a “small QA issue,” The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 2: A House Divided missed release in Europe this week on PS3. Telltale Games is working to resolve this issue and a release “shouldn’t be too far away now at all.” [Twitter, Source]
- Want to see some Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes PS4 gameplay and an interview with Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa? Check out this video from Access PlayStation:
- With under two months to go before release on April 29th/30th, Ubisoft showed off this co-op trailer for Child of Light:
- In one of the weirder localization announcements, XSEED is bringing Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed to the PS3 and PS Vita this Summer in North America (physical + digital release, Japanese audio, they’re looking into dual audio). Released as Akiba’s Trip 2 in Japan, Undead & Undressed tells the story of a “man named Nanashi who was lured into a trap and transformed into one of the walking undead. Lucky enough to be spared the worst of his fate by the kiss of a mysterious Synthister hunter named Shizuku, Nanashi is sworn to rid Akihabara of the Synthister threat. Together with the rest of his companions in an organization unofficially dubbed the “Akiba Freedom Fighters,” Nanashi and Shizuku must uncover the truth behind the Synthister plague and save Akiba from being overrun by their kind” [Twitter]:
- Call of Duty: Ghosts received a new content pack on Xbox today, with Infinity Ward teasing a new weapon for Xbox Season Pass owners tomorrow:
- Sticking with Call of Duty, a new Black Ops 2 Personalization Pack came out today through the in-game store:
If either the new Ghosts pack or new Black Ops 2 packs are/aren’t available in the PlayStation Store, please let everyone know in the comments below.