Shortly after 4J Studios released patch 1.04 for Minecraft: PS3 Edition, they’ve already handed over patch 1.05 to Sony for testing, with this new update bringing along some welcome fixes to the game.
We’ll let you know once patch 1.05 is live, but until then, here’s all the notes:
- Fix for voice chat issues.
- Fix for blocks reappearing after they are mined.
- Fix to random fall damage issue.
- Fix for slow chunk loading speed.
- Fix for Maps not correctly display at the game start.
- Fix for splitscreen audio issues.
- Fix for blocks not always showing damage in splitscreen.
- Fix for Enderdragon sounds.
- Changed Zombies rare loot drop to be Carrots, Potatoes or Iron Ingots.
- Fix for problems spawning Chickens, Wolves & Mooshrooms.
- Fix for problem causing first item in the quickselect bar to sometimes move to the inventory on opening the inventory.
- Changed repairing tools in the Inventory to only allow tools that are not enchanted (since you’d lose the enchantment).
- Fix for villager eggs in a dispenser not producing random professions.
- Fix for Iron Golems not stopping their attack when they’ve killed a skeleton.
- Fix for issue when players teleported while riding a pig or a minecart.
- Fix for animals climbing Cobblestone walls.
- Fix for attaching fences to cobblestone wall.
- Fix for Invisibility potion not making sheep completely invisible.
- Fix for Online ID being visible when using an invisibility potion.
- Fix for tamed wolves with invisibility becoming visible when swimming in water.
- Fix to let bonus chests spawn in pre-TU14 worlds.
- Fix to issue causing stationary network players to oscillate between two slightly different positions.
- Fix for unsynchronised audio.
- Fix for a double exit sound from the crafting and anvil menus.
As for the forthcoming PS4 and PS Vita versions of Minecraft, Mojang and 4J Studios have been quiet, with Mojang’s Owen Hill only offering up these vague answers about the date when asked this week, along with some other pieces of information:
- “We don’t have a date set for the Vita version yet sorry. As soon as we do, I’ll let you know!”
- “Sorry for the lack of info on cross buy/PS4/Vita. I understand that it might be frustrating for you guys, but we don’t want to make false promises until everything is set in cobblestone.”
- “4J are working on the PS4 and Vita versions as I type!”
- The PS4 and Xbox One versions will be out this year.
- The PS Vita version’s map size will be similar to the PS3 version.
- “There will almost definitely be a PS4 demo, just like the other versions.”
- The PS4 version of Minecraft won’t have mouse and keyboard support.
Owen also hinted at a retail release of Minecraft on PS3 by saying, “There is a high chance that it’ll come out on disc, yes.”