- Geoff Keighley issued this PSA: “Fair warning: A record number of fake E3 game reveals and rumors are floating out there.” Basically, don’t believe anything until it’s 100% confirmed. [Twitter]
- According to Randy Pitchford, that fabled Borderlands 2 Cross Save patch may not arrive until this Tuesday. [Via, Twitter]
- Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited on PS Vita, which includes all the DLC from the PS3 version and “tons of new content,” has been confirmed for release on August 12th in North America and August 29th in Europe. This will be both a retail and digital title. [Press Release]
- Following the Mass Effect 3 name stats yesterday, BioWare’s Aaryn Flynn said, “50% of
#ME3 Shepards had modified faces. Interestingly, 80% of FemSheps were modified, but only 42% of male Shepards were.” [Twitter]
- While Take-Two was hesitant to give a date for WWE 2K15, Amazon has listed the game with an October 28th release date on both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. We’ll let you know if/when this is confirmed.
- Giving us a rough idea of when the first season will end, Amazon has listed the PS3 retail version of The Wolf Among Us for release on October 31st, priced at $29.99. Stay tuned for more info from Telltale Games as it arrives.
- Follow the links to find the trophy lists for Wolfenstein, Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark, and Lemmings Touch (it has a platinum!). [Wolfenstein, Transformers, Lemmings]
- They may not be trophies, but follow the links to see the achievement lists for How to Train Your Dragon 2 and Sacred 3. [Dragon, Sacred]
- Pre-orders have opened up for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, which launches this fall at $59.99/$69.99 on PS3.
- Sledgehammer wrote a letter to remind you that Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare will be at E3. As well, the game’s story took 2.5 years to write. [Twitter, Source]
- The price of Killzone: Shadow Fall has dropped to €39.99. [Twitter]
- EB Games Canada has kicked off Game Days. [Check out all the Deals]
- Tour de France 2014 will be available later this year on PS4, PS3, and Xbox 360, but I wouldn’t expect to see this release outside of Europe. [Press Release]
- Regarding that Terraria patch, 505 Games said, “We are near completion of the submission phase to Microsoft and Sony and are just waiting on one last item for 100% confirmation. However, as it stands, we are very confident in saying that the patch will likely be approved and released next week. Until we get that confirmation, we cannot give a specific date, but all signs at the moment point towards a release during that window.” [Source]
- Talking about Unity, FuturLab recently said, “Boy did we make the right decision not to use Unity. The money Unity wanted for a Vita & PS4 license was enough to hire a AAA troubleshooting engineer to a create an engine from scratch. We now have an engine that gets every drop of performance from Vita that Unity will never reach. The right decision for us at the time. Of course I’m talking 2D here. But the proof is in the pudding. 2X blisters along at 60fps running tons of high end effects on Vita. We were at a critical decision point when starting 2X, and we made the right decision. No doubt.” [Twitter 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
- Giving us a rough idea of sales for Titan Attacks!, Curve said, “In America we’ve sold FIVE times more copies of Titan Attacks! on the PS4 than on PS3. What does that say about the future of PS3 digital? Cross-Buy has been an absolute saviour for us in these cases. Not many people want to buy a game they can’t trade on older systems.” [Twitter 1, 2]
- Curve added, “[The PS Vita version of Titan Attacks! did] really well, as usual. Titan was the first time in a long time that the Vita hasn’t been the best selling system for our games.” As for PlayStation Plus, “Plus is tricky! We still use it, but we’re more careful about it – we don’t put our games on Plus until a LONG time after.” [Twitter 1, 2]
- Looks like Fry’s is selling the PS4 for $379.99 and the Xbox One for $429.99. [Via, PS4, Xbox One]
- It’s official: Guerrilla Cambridge is hiring for an unannounced PS4 title. [Via, Job Listing]
- The PS Vita 2000 is coming to Australia on June 4th, 2014 for AUD $269.95. [Via]
- Supergiant Games detailed Recursion mode for Transistor: “Recursion mode is unlocked after you finish Transistor’s story. You’ll then have the option to recurse through the experience, retaining your progression data — notably, your User Level and all the Transistor functions you’ve unlocked. This immediately opens up a lot of new gameplay as you’ll be discovering new function combinations all the way through your initial play-through of the game. You’ll also find some new surprises (that word again) in the content itself the second time around. Most notably, the composition of enemy forces you’ll encounter will be different — and it’ll be different just about every time you play.” [Source]
- Here’s the official trailer for Natural Doctrine, coming to Western PS4, PS3, and PS Vitas in 2014:
- Ahead of its release next week, here’s your Transistor launch trailer:
- Here’s Watch Dogs in real life:
- A new Battlefield 4 Premium trailer teases the Dragon’s Teeth and Final Stand DLC packs:
- Here’s a new developer diary for Mind Zero:
Did you buy Titan Attacks!?