Update: Since The Last of Us Remastered was up for pre-order before May 20th, it won’t be eligible for pre-loading.
Original Story: Changing the timing of the PS4 pre-loading feature once again, PlayStation has announced that the first title to support this will be Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark, and not Destiny in September.
With Rise of the Dark Spark releasing on June 24th, PlayStation didn’t mention exactly when the pre-load would begin, just saying, “You’ll be able to download and install those huge files up to several days in advance. And don’t worry if you forget: any titles you’ve pre-ordered will be automatically pre-loaded and auto-downloaded to your PS4 system by default. All you have to do is pre-order the game, make sure your PS4 remains in standby mode, and sit back and relax.”
PlayStation also added that all PS4 titles made available for pre-order on or after May 20th would be eligible for pre-loading.
- Battlefield: Hardline/Battlefield: Hardline Deluxe Edition
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Dragon Age: Inquisition/Dragon Age: Inquisition Deluxe Edition
- Far Cry 4
- inFamous: First Light
- Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
- LittleBigPlanet 3
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
- The Order: 1886
- Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark (PS Store says it’s 8.7GB)
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
Finally, PlayStation said, “We’re focusing on all our new PS4 pre-orders, but note that the ability to automatically pre-load your game is also available for PS3 pre-orders.”
Are you going to pre-order any PS4 games today?
[Source: PS Blog]