Scheduled to release in North America this Summer and in Europe this Fall for PlayStation Vita, Atlus recently gave Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & the Monster Seal a basic classes trailer, detailing each of the main five classes you’ll find within the game.
Here’s more detailed descriptions of each class:
- Fighter – Standard melee damage dealer, has skills for basic defense as well as attacks. With high HP and strength, they can be the vanguard of the party.
- Magic User – The basic class can use all elemental damage-dealing spells. They can use the basic healing spell as well, making them an invaluable asset to the party.
- Scout – A master of speed that can attack when the enemy lets their guard down, and can also steal money. Because they can use both daggers and bows, they can change their fighting style to fit your needs.
- Maid – Though not good with physical attacks or magic, they can provide special support without using TP or needing casting time. The unsung hero type.
- Spieler – This class is literally a wild card. The most powerful of the Spieler abilities are high-risk, high-reward gamles, so choose them for your party carefully! They can make a HUGE difference in battle.
Atlus adds, “The girls are fixed in their basic classes, but when you get to the point of choosing a new intermediate or advanced class, it’s still possible to put skill points into some of the basic class skills.”
As we learned last month, Dungeon Travelers 2 needed just four images to be edited to ensure it passed through the western ratings boards. The game still garnered a Mature rating from the ESRB though, with fantasy violence, language, mild blood, partial nudity, and sexual themes highlighted as descriptors.
The ratings summary reads:
This is a role-playing game in which players assume the role of a monster hunter (Fried) as he explores dungeons and interacts with various characters. As players progress through the story, they sometimes engage in turn-based battles against monsters. Players select attack moves, skills and items from a menu screen; battles are accompanied by light effects, impact noises and brief cries of pain.
A handful of characters are depicted with small amounts of blood on their clothes or weapons; one dungeon contains bloodstains on the floor. The game includes frequent instances of sexual/suggestive imagery and innuendo: female characters wearing outfits that reveal large amounts of their breasts and/or buttocks (e.g., characters topless or in scenes in which their nipples are barely obscured by locks of hair, ribbons, steam); several characters depicted in provocative poses (e.g., legs spread; bent over; buttocks protruding near the screen; characters restrained); dialogue such as “[y]our whole tying-yourself-up fetish truly was very interesting.” The word “sh*t” appears in dialogue.
If you’re looking to get Dungeon Travelers 2 at launch, all pre-orders and launch editions of the game come with the Ladies of Dungeon Travelers 2 17-month pin-up calendar!