Coming “later” to PlayStation 4 and Xbox 360 after it launches on May 28 for PC, Mac, and SteamOS, the Espionage expansion for Tropico 5 is the next major piece of DLC for the strategy title.
Priced at $19.99/£14.99/€19.99, Espionage includes The Maltese Toucan campaign, which sees Tropico’s precious treasures needing to be protected against foreign agents at all costs.
The description continues:
Protect Tropico’s borders and reveal enemy agents by installing Security Checkpoints and throwing them in the island’s new Dungeon. Train your own spies in the new Spy Academy and send them off to steal foreign capital or top secret technology from your enemies. Foil attacks on your beautiful island paradise by building the Ministry Of Information and monitor your citizens according to the strict Tropican data privacy laws. For additional air security you can call on the new Police Blimp, and for serious military scenarios you will be equipped with some new toys: the Mechanized Garrison is battle seasoned and ready for any state of emergency!
Featuring six missions, new island maps, and more, here’s what’s included in the Espionage expansion:
- New campaign and thrilling story spanning 6 challenging missions
- 9 new spy and military themed buildings
- 4 new island maps, such as “Dos Torres,” and “Grito Grande”
- 4 new music tracks
- 4 new avatar costumes, such as “Evening Gown” (female), “Tuxedo” (male)
- 6 new avatar accessories: “Spy” (hat), “Long Curls” (hair), and more
- New sandbox tasks and events to go with the new ‘espionage’ setting
- All new content plus the new spying mechanics are also available in existing Sandbox maps and in all multiplayer modes.
Released last month on PS4, you can read our review of Tropico 5 over here.