The upcoming Hitman game is undergoing Alpha testing, and some details and clips from the game have already leaked online. Reddit user AdequateShrimp posted a screenshot of the Alpha invitation he received for the PC version of the game alongside a screenshot showing the game downloading through his Steam client to prove the authenticity of his claims. His impressions of Hitman so far are as follows:
- I find it to be closer to Blood Money than it is to Absolution so far
- Uniforms play a much more important role in this game at least in this [Alpha] mission
- Many path choices:
-climbing poles outside the building
-climb outside a window and jump from window to window hanging from a ledge
-go through the back underground staircases
-scaffolding ………and more
- Interactive environments (firework displays, fire alarms, tampering with objects, poisoning food, hiding weapons in crates of food.
– Multiple choices for tampering and it also requires tools to tamper with e.g. screwdriver, wrench
- Loadouts are back (choose your suit, side weapon, specials – poisons lethal and non-lethal, bombs), suitcase weapon.
- Side missions that can make your mission easier; disable the small stock exchange meeting, take somebody out so a main target has to take their place.
- The game also doesn’t have that feeling Absolution had, which made it feel like a very linear game just with a couple of paths to get to the end.
Over on NeoGAF, a few users have posted some video game clips. However, they’re understandably of poor quality. But if you still want to have a look, head over here.
Hitman launches on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on December 8. For more on the game, check out our previous coverage.