From developer Croteam and Devolver Digital, first-person puzzler The Talos Principle is coming to PlayStation 4 on October 13 in North America and Europe.
Titled The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition, it will be available through retail stores and the PlayStation Store, complete with The Talos Principle game and Road to Gehenna expansion pack. A price wasn’t announced today, though Amazon lists it for $49.99.
Here’s the description for The Talos Principle:
The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition for PlayStation 4 includes the critically acclaimed first-person action puzzle game along with the all new “Road to Gehenna” expansion pack. The Talos Principle is a philosophical first-person puzzle game from Croteam, the creators of the legendary Serious Sam series, written by Tom Jubert (FTL, The Swapper) and Jonas Kyratzes (The Sea Will Claim Everything).
As if awakening from a deep sleep, you find yourself in a strange, contradictory world of ancient ruins and advanced technology. Tasked by your creator with solving a series of increasingly complex puzzles, you must decide whether to have faith, or to ask the difficult questions: Who are you? What is your purpose And what are you going to do about it?
- Overcome more than 120 immersive puzzles in a stunning world.
- Divert drones, disable turrets, and even replicate time to prove your worth – or to find a way out.
- Explore a story about humanity, technology, and civilization. Uncover clues, devise theories, and make up your own mind.
- Choose your own path through the game’s non-linear world, solving puzzles your way.
- But remember: choices have consequences, and somebody’s always watching you.
The Road to Gehenna expansion, meanwhile, takes you to a hidden part of the simulation as you attempt to free trapped souls. Adding more than twenty new complex puzzles, it promises “hours and hours of thought-provoking gameplay sure to challenge even the most experienced The Talos Principle veteran.”
[Source: PS Blog]