From developer Tribute Games (Mercenary Kings), Curses ‘N Chaos is releasing on August 18 in North America for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and PlayStation TV, complete with cross-buy, cross-play, and cross-save for $9.99.
If you’re wondering about a European release date, Tribute Games’ Yannick Belzil said, “Hopefully the same date but sometimes these things fluctuate!”
A tribute to the golden age of the arcades, Curses ‘N Chaos plays like a classic arcade game where you choose your character (Lea or Leo), pick a level, and start punching and kicking monsters solo or cooperatively. Additionally, you can expect “smooth controls and lightning quick responsiveness” from the combat, enemies who drop tons of items you can use, and an Alchemy feature where you can spend gold to combine items.
Here’s the full description:
Smash Monsters, Escape Death!
Cursed! When brawny bounty hunters Leo and Lea are cursed by Algarr the Wizard King, they’re swarmed by all manners of creatures and monsters! Alchemist Allison knows one way to get rid of the curse: The Elixir of Life! But the only way to get the Elixir’s ingredients? Smash all the monsters!
- 2 Player couch/online co-op! Smashing monsters is way better with a friend!
- Mix and match ingredients and items to create powerful attacks, summons and the Elixir of Life itself!
- Opening & Ending segments, Boss animations by Paul Robertson (Adult Swim capsules, 8-bit Simpsons, Mercenary Kings, Wizorb)
- 10 Single-Screen Levels designed by Stéphane Boutin (Mercenary Kings, Wizorb, Scott Pilgrim VS The World)
- Supports cross-buy, cross-play and cross-save on PS4 and PS Vita
- Adhoc multiplayer on Vita and supports Vita TV with couch co-op
Will you be buying Curses ‘N Chaos?