Is Blizzard working on a new Diablo III DLC or a new Diablo game? While we can’t answer that question for now, it does seem the publisher is gearing up for something Diablo-related.
Over on its official website, Blizzard is looking for an Art Director for an “unannounced project,” with the requirements listed below.
Blizzard Entertainment, the developer of the most epic games in the world, is seeking an exceptionally skilled and passionate art director to help develop Blizzard’s next hit game!
Work alongside a team of the best artists, engineers and designers on the planet and enjoy the support of a company whose culture is centered on collaborative game development.
The ideal candidate possesses inspiring artistic vision, outstanding communications skills, strong leadership experience, and a proven track record of shipping AAA products in an art director role. Experience modeling and texturing assets for a diverse visual range of environments and a solid grasp of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets are also essential.
You must be experienced at mentoring teams, able to work well in an environment of artists who are passionate about making great games, skilled in one or more areas of art creation (illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, or concept art), and well-versed in related tools (Maya, Photoshop, etc.).
- Own, articulate, and evangelize visual direction.
- Lead, inspire, and mentor artists and art leads.
- Direct multiple art disciplines to achieve incredible results.
- Create concept paintings, models, textures, and other benchmark assets that inspire others.
- Work closely with game design to ensure art supports a gameplay-first player experience.
- Foster and maintain effective relationships inside and outside the art department.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in crafting video game art
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a lead artist or art director
- Incredible communications and interpersonal skills
- Able to manage a large art staff of varying skills and specialties
- Strong illustration and / or concept art skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with popular 2D and 3D applications, such as Maya, 3DS Max, Adobe Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Solid knowledge of current and next-gen art techniques as well as fundamental art principles
- Able to motivate artists and collaborate well with other developers in a team environment
- A passion for games with a deep understanding of the Diablo franchise
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Interestingly enough, it states that “A passion for games with a deep understanding of the Diablo franchise” is a plus, which. heavily points to this hiring is for a Diablo something.
If it’s for Diablo III, I gather, fans will welcome it with open arms. Diablo III for the PlayStation 4 was a big hit here at PSLS. scoring 9/10 and even nabbing an Editor’s Choice award in the process.