Now live on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, Diablo III update 2.3.0 was detailed by Blizzard yesterday, with Community Manager Blake Hall taking you through everything that’s new in the above video.
Over on Battle.net, Blizzard listed every single change in the latest patch. The notes are extensive, so we’ve just included details on the new features:
New Feature: The Ruins of Sescheron
The frozen wasteland that is the Ruins of Sescheron are now open for exploration! Filled with new enemies, traps, and environmental hazards, you’ll be able to explore the region and learn more about what befell the barbarians of Mount Arreat. Explore the Immortal Throne and obtain the ultimate treasure: Kanai’s Cube.
To learn more about The Ruins of Sescheron, click here.
New Feature: Kanai’s Cube
Kanai’s Cube is a new artisan that offers a slew of new recipes to fully customize your items and catalogue your Legendary powers. Several recipes are available to players immediately upon acquiring Kanai’s Cube:
- Extract Legendary Power: Destroy an item to add its Legendary power to your catalogue of collected powers. Once a power has been extracted, it can be equipped to your character without the need to equip the item. Players may have one Weapon, one Armor, and one Jewelry power equipped at a time. Players may only equip powers from items that their characters can normally equip and use.
- Reforge a Legendary Item: Completely re-rolls a Legendary item as though it had dropped for the first time. This includes any powers that may have been previously enchanted on the item. Note that reforged items may re-roll as either Ancient or non-Ancient, so reforge at your own discretion!
- Upgrade Rare Item: Upgrades the quality of a level 70 Rare item to Legendary. This item will roll as a randomized Legendary that shares that item’s equipment type.
- Convert Set Item: Converts a Set item to a randomized piece of gear from the same Set. For example, if you convert a pair of Asheara’s Finders, you could get Asheara’s Custodian, Asheara’s Pace, or Asheara’s Ward in return.
- Remove Level Requirement: Removes the level requirement from an item, allowing it to be equipped by a character of any level.
- Convert Gems: Converts 9 of any color gem to 9 of any other color.
- Convert Crafting Materials: Converts 100 normal, magic, or rare Crafting Materials to 100 of another type of non-legendary Crafting Material
To aquire Kanai’s Cube, visit Zoltun Kulle in New Tristram, Hidden Camp, Bastion’s Keep Stronghold, or The Survivor’s Enclave in Adventure Mode. He’ll be quite pleased to guide you on your way.
To learn more about Kanai’s Cube, click here.
Revealed earlier this month, Blizzard might look at bringing Seasons to PS4 and Xbox One.
What do you think of the new update?