With the initial wave of content on March 11, you’ll receive three locations – Paris, Sapienza and Marrakesh – featuring six campaign missions. For Contracts mode, you’ll find “a combined pool of around 800 targets to craft your devious Contracts from.”
Also in March, live content will begin, which consists of live, time-limited targets, weekly IOI developed Contracts, and promoted content built by users.
Following the March launch, one new sandbox location will be added per month in April (Thailand), May (USA), and June (Japan). Each location includes additional missions, signature kills, more Contracts targets, new disguises, weapons, and ways to take out your target.
Here’s a quick rundown of the planned content schedule:
Full Release Details
Initial launch content on March 11, 2016 will include:
- Three huge sandbox locations: Paris, Sapienza and Marrakesh
- Six campaign missions with 40 unique ways to take out your main targets
- Contracts mode for all locations with around 800 potential targets
Post launch content will include:
- One new sandbox location per month in April, May and June
- Thailand in April, USA in May and Japan in June
- Each location will come with additional missions, signature kills and more Contracts targets
- New locations will open up new weapons, tools and disguises for all locations
- Contracts mode for all locations: Contracts mode is an asynchronous multi-player mode in HITMAN. Play to create your own contract hits, choose your target, weapons, time limit and game rules. Then share it with friends to try and complete your contract with your rules
Live content begins on 11 March, 2016 and will include:
- Weekly live events – including targets which will appear one-time-only for limited time only
- Weekly Io-Interactive developer team created Contracts
- Monthly promoted best community created Contracts
- New items such as weapons and disguises
And here’s what you need to know about pricing for Hitman:
Hitman Intro Pack (Pre-Orders Live in November) – $34.99 USD
It includes all of the launch content, plus all Live Events and Contracts for the locations released in March 2016. Nothing more, nothing less.
Hitman Upgrade for Intro Pack – $29.99 USD
Then, if you want to access the rest of Hitman, you have the option to upgrade your purchase to include all the remaining content (and at the same time get access to all subsequent live events and Contracts across all locations). This will cost you an additional $29.99 (or regional equivalent). The upgrade pack will be available for purchase once the game has launched in March.
Hitman Full Game – $59.99 USD
For that price, you’ll get everything – all the content we’re planning on releasing, access to all live events, and a secured spot in the Hitman Beta, which will be available on PlayStation 4 and PC only. No additional costs at any time.
You’ll also be able to purchase a disc version of Hitman later in 2016.
Io-Interactive Studio Head Hannes Seifert adds, “We’ve had a lot of feedback since we announced Hitman that has helped us shape these next steps. It’s important that we listen to fans and that we’re open with what we’re doing. So today we’re sharing details on our release plan and we’re announcing something the community has asked for: a new price to enter the game at launch.”