As part of the latest Letter from the Producer, Square Enix confirmed that Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward patch 3.1 is called As Goes Light, So Goes Darkness and will release on Tuesday, November 10 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PC.
Detailed in the above trailer, patch 3.1 includes new additions to the main scenario that continues directly following the conclusion of Heavensward’s story, with Square Enix talking about what else you’ll find on November 10:
Additionally, adventurers will battle on a haunted vessel in the brand new 24-player alliance raid “Void Ark,” and travel to far-off islands via airship in new Exploratory Missions to unearth rare gear and items.
The upcoming patch will also introduce an all-new real-time strategy (“RTS”) attraction, “Lord of Verminion,” at the Manderville Gold Saucer. There, players will be able to utilize their minions in order to do battle against other players in a 1v1 setting as well as in competitions. The patch also includes two new high-level dungeons, Saint Mocianne’s Arboretum and Pharos Sirius (Hard), beast tribe quests featuring the Vanu Vanu, new sidestory quests and more.
Matt Hilton of the Community Team then summarized a few of the answers in the Q&A section of the Letter from the Producer LIVE:
- New beast tribe quests for the Vanu Vanu
- Level Adjustment Feature – Monster strength will be adjusted according to the level of the quest. Rewards can only be received with the job you accepted the quest with.
- The requirements to undertake Thok Ast Thok (Extreme) will be changed. Originally you needed to clear the The Limitless Blue (Extreme) first, but it will be possible to challenge this battle without clearing it.
- Certain portions of the Aether Current quest will be changed so that they can be obtained by progressing through the main scenario quest line.
- Messages displayed in the center of the screen will be hidden during cutscenes. Players will be able to change the system message settings so that messages such as retainers returning from ventures, and items sold on market board will be hidden during important cutscenes.
Zodiac Weapon-Related Adjustments
- Adjustments will be made so that soul resonances and soul attunement can be earned even when clearing content with an undersized party.
- Additionally, the next Zodiac weapons will be known as “Anima weapons,” and they will be introduced in Patch 3.15.
- If you’ve already completed a Zeta weapon, you’ll be able to get an advantage towards an Anima weapon of your choice. If you’ve completed two Zeta weapons, you’ll be able to get an advantage towards two Anima weapons.
Are you excited for Patch 3.1?
[Source: Square Enix]