In Europe, Trine 3 is a 2.2GB download and costs £17.99, with PlayStation Plus members saving 10% until January 6. In North America, it will be $21.99 and should also have a 10% launch discount. You’ll find 28 Trophies in the game, including a Platinum.
If you missed the original announcement, here’s a rundown of the features:
- A beautiful 3D fantasy world with 7 story-driven Chapters and 11 puzzle-solving, skill-focused Lost Pages
- Three playable characters, Pontius the Knight, Zoya the Thief and Amadeus the Wizard, each with their own skills and unique abilities
- Share a couch! Local co-op multiplayer support for up to three players
- Full HD 1080p with 60fps
- Support for Stereoscopic 3D (720p)
- Mesmerizing soundtrack by award-winning composer Ari Pulkkinen
- Full Language Support for English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, and Brazilian-Portuguese, and subtitle support for Italian, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Simplified Chinese and Finnish.
Frozenbyte’s Kai Tuovinen discussed the lack of online co-op and inclusion of 3D:
We had some technical problems with the online co-op, so it wasn’t up to the level of quality we expect from our games. That’s the main reason we couldn’t add it.
We had stereo 3D support from the start, so it was not taking away from anything else. Online co-op is certainly something we’d like to be able to add in the future, but can’t make any definite promises until we’ve carefully evaluated if it works well enough.
While the PC version includes online co-op, Tuovinen says, “It hasn’t been working as quite as well as we’d hoped there either.”