Destiny is back online! Thank you for your patience.
— Bungie Help (@BungieHelp) February 4, 2016
Ahead of the February update next week, Destiny is going offline for maintenance today on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
As Bungie explained on their website, you won’t be able to log into Destiny starting at 8am PT/11am PT, with the Destiny servers offline beginning at 9am PT/12pm ET. The maintenance is then expected to end before 2pm PT/5pm ET.
Here’s Bungie’s full statement on today’s maintenance:
- Starting at 8:00 AM Pacific (4:00 PM UTC), players will not be able to log into Destiny in preparation for maintenance.
- At 9:00 AM Pacific (5:00 PM UTC), players will be removed from activities as Destiny servers will be taken offline for maintenance.
- Maintenance is expected to conclude before 2:00 PM Pacific (10:00 PM UTC).
- Bungie.net sign-in and Companion app services may be restricted during this time.
- Players signed in shortly before maintenance will receive prior notice via in-game messaging.
- Once maintenance is concluded, all services and Destiny login functionality will be restored.
Last night, Bungie added new Crucible matchmaking settings to Rumble and Control, with “more to come.” Previously, the settings were active in Iron Banner and Skirmish.
If the maintenance ends early, or Bungie extends it, we’ll let you know.