Inversus Brings Minimalist Action-Strategy Combat to PS4 in Spring 2016
From Hypersect, Inversus is a minimalist action-strategy game releasing in spring 2016 for PlayStation 4.
Featuring single-player, local multiplayer for up to four people, and online leaderboards for arcade play in single and co-operative modes, Inversus mixes territorial strategy and arcade shooter elements. As shown in the above trailer, you fire your shots to trap the enemy, block incoming fire, and flip the tile colors to increase your range of movement.
As for the modes, Versus sees you and up to three other players battle in 1v1 or 2v2 matches, while Arcade is all about playing solo or co-operatively to get a higher spot on the leaderboards.
Here’s the description for Inversus:
INVERSUS is a mind-bending action-strategy game for one to four friends. Player movement is constrained to opposite colors of a black and white grid. Each shot flips tile colors in an attempt to block, trap and close in on the enemy. Every round evolves into a unique battlefield.
- Gameplay-first design focused on an original mechanic
- Over thirty unique maps to play on
- Mind-bending levels in ever looping worlds
- Competitive battles in 1v1 and 2v2 modes
- Fight for the world record in single-player and cooperative multiplayer arcade modes
- A constantly changing board makes every game a fresh experience
- Rewarding for both strategy and skill as you balance spatial control with quick reflexes
Answering some questions on the PlayStation Blog, Creator Ryan Juckett said, “PS4 is all that’s announced for consoles right now and all I can confirm, but I’m very much interested in exploring more options like Vita in the future!”
[Source: PS Blog]