Continuing “the most successful German adventure series of all time,” Daedalic Entertainment announced today that Deponia Doomsday is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC through retail and digital stores later this year, following a digital PC release on March 1.
A point-and-click adventure game, Deponia Doomsday is the fourth part in the series and sees anti-hero Rufus waking up after seeing the flying city of Elysium falling. Not knowing if it was a dream or a vision, Rufus learns there are several time anomalies and uses a time machine to “duly muddle up the past, present and future.”
In the features list, Daedalic Entertainment promises around 20 hours of gameplay:
- Dystopia vs. Utopia mixed with Neill Blomkamp’s Elysium and Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar – Welcome to Deponia Doomsday!
- Following Goodbye Deponia, the first game developed 100% by Jan Müller-Michaelis (alias Poki)
- Fan service: Some players called for an alternate ending and another part to the Deponia saga
- Rufus travels through time – with dramatic consequences
- Goal, Lonzo, Lotti and even Wenzel – Reunions with familiar and over 70 new oddball characters
- The player discovers the floating city of Elysium for the first time
- With around 20 hours of gameplay and over 100 game backgrounds, Deponia Doomsday is the largest and most elaborate Deponia game so far
- Deponia Doomsday serves a timeless (!) genre and once again resurrects classic adventures
So far the Deponia series has sold over 2.2 million copies.
Even if you haven’t played the previous game, Daedalic says “the hilarity of Deponia Doomsday will have you cracking smiles and burst with laughter.”