Smite players on the PlayStation 4 can join in the Summer of Smite event, as 3.12 patch is now out for consoles as well as PC. The Smite patch ends the Viking Invasion event and starts the Summer of Smite, which will drop new items over the next few months, and all purchases will earn a bonus chest roll. The first of these new items includes new skins, including a lobster Khepri skin.
The patch also contains the following content:
- New character Erlang Shen, a Warrior who can transform into different animals and travels with a dog familiar
- Ritual Dagger item, which reduces cooldown times, increases movement speed, and increases the duration of Relic effects
- Emperor’s Armor item, which provides health, physical protection, and an aura that will either increase or decrease the attack speed of structures, depending upon whether the structures are yours or your opponents’
- Changes to Adventurer’s Blade, Ancile, Bancroft’s Talon, Heartseeker, Runeforged Hammer, Genji’s Guard, and Spectral Armor Items
- Phantom Relic, which lets players move through other players and player-made objects for five seconds and cancels the movement penalty from executing basic attacks
- Thorns Relic, which reflects back 40% of the damage you take back to whom inflicts it
- Changes to Blink, Curse, Frenzy, Scout, Sprint, Teleport, and Wrath Relics
- Changes to Ah Muzen Cab, Anubis,
- Removal of Golden Bow and Throwing Dagger Relics
- Anubis, Aprhodite, Fafnir, Guan Yu, Hel, Odin, Sylvanus, Chang’e, and Ah Muzen Cab all received buffs
- Ah Muzen Cab, Ao Kuang, Raijin, and Ratatoskr were all nerfed
- Ne Zha, Vulcan, Odin, Aphrodite, Guan Yu receive new passives
- Arachne’s Web ability is now a projectile
You can check out the full patch notes for Smite 3.12, including hotfixes, on the game’s website.