Mantis Burn Racing is releasing on October 12 in North America and Europe for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, developer VooFoo Studios announced today. As VooFoo adds, Mantis Burn Racing is the PlayStation 4 Pro’s first native 4K title running at 60 frames-per-second. In the below video from Digital Foundry, you can see footage of the game running at 60fps on PS4 Pro.
With Mantis Burn Racing, you’ll find a 20-hour single-player campaign, eight-player online races, four-player local split-screen, and nine different event types. Here’s the full list of features:
- Compelling Career Mode – Test every aspect of your driving ability in a comprehensive 7-season career structure
- Incredible Vehicles – Choose from a roster of fully customisable vehicles in 3 distinct categories, each with their own unique handling and performance traits
- Stunning Visuals – Race across stunning reversible tracks with incredible photo-realistic visuals
- Intuitive, exciting gameplay – Enter a world of realistic, but fun, vehicle handling with intuitive and exciting gameplay where the driving experience takes centre stage
- RPG-Style Upgrade System – Unlock both visual and performance upgrades for your vehicles using a RPG-style slot system to customise your vehicles’ suspension, gear-box, engine, tyres and boost
- Challenging Game Modes – Master 9 fun game modes – including Knockout, Accumulator, Overtake and Time Trial – that keep the extensive solo career fresh and exciting
- Weekly Challenges – Race your way to the top of the global leader boards in unique challenges each week for the ultimate in bragging rights
- Intense Multiplayer – 4 player local split-screen racing with extensive online modes for up to 8 players allowing players worldwide to race together seamlessly
- Original Soundtrack – Race to an original ambient-electro soundtrack written especially for the game.
- High Definition Racing – Full native 4K support on PlayStation Pro at 60fps for crystal-clear high definition racing to truly immerse players in the race.
As VooFoo Studios adds, Mantis Burn Racing should be priced at $14.99 USD/£12.99, an early post-launch patch should add HDR support, and there will be eight reversible tracks at launch. Asked about a PlayStation Vita version, VooFoo said, “No plans for a PS Vita version right now… but if we get enough demand you never know!”