Developed by EXOR Studios (Zombie Driver), twin-stick shooter and tower defense hybrid X-Morph: Defense is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC later in 2017, the studio announced today.
Playing as an alien species known as the X-Morph, your goal in X-Morph: Defense is to defend the harvesters as they terraform Earth and harvest its resources. During the optional setup phase, which doesn’t have a time limit, you can check what types of enemies are coming in the next wave and set up your defenses by placing towers almost anywhere on the map.
Once the battle begins, you’re able to attack the incoming forces directly in one of four forms: Plasma Fighter (good against air and ground), Dark Matter Bomber (good against groups of ground units and can slow down time), Shredder (good against groups of air units), and Laser Destroyer (good against large single units).
Here’s the list of X-Morph: Defense’s features:
- Build your towers anywhere on the map.
- Destroy obstacles, collapse buildings and bridges to change enemy paths.
- Connect towers with laser fences that block enemy movement.
- Smart enemies – there are no predefined enemy paths. Enemies adapt to the changing battlefield and your tower placement, making the challenge a lot more interesting.
- Advanced tower types – different kinds of enemies require different defense strategies. Build advanced towers to counter special enemies.
- Don’t wait for your enemies – engage them directly with the X-Morph fighter.
- Morph into four distinct fighter forms, each one with a different weapon and special ability.
- Fight huge, building size, mechanical war machines. Each boss fight is unique and heavily influences the gameplay environment. Entire cities will be destroyed.
- Fend off the human threat with a friend at your side.
- X-Morph: Defense is powered by EXOR Studios’ proprietary Schmetterling game engine.
- Dynamic building destruction system. Every building in the game can be destroyed piece by piece. Realistic physics simulation makes every destruction scenario unique.
- PhysX by NVIDIA.
If you choose to play X-Morph: Defense in split-screen co-op, all missions will have different gameplay scenarios and enemies will attack in larger numbers. “In this mode the game can be played in many different ways, one player can focus on optimizing tower placement while the other shoots at enemies, or they can both focus their firepower on the strongest attackers,” EXOR Studios adds.