Update: Lead Community Manager Jat says, “PS4 Patch has passed certification. It should be ready to download within the next 15 – 30 minutes.”
Original Story: On Wednesday, Studio Wildcard released an ARK: Survival Evolved update on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, which weighed in at more than 3.4GB and added new content and re-designed the inventory menu. After discovering issues with the patch, Studio Wildcard has announced that a new update is in certification and should be released today.
Bringing ARK on PS4 to version 506.1, here’s the UI changes and crashes fixes you can expect from the upcoming update:
- Chat Box offset is now fixed when scaling the UI
- Chat Box no longer covers hotbar when inventory is open
- R2 will now craft single items from engrams
- Buttons re-arranged in inventory UI in order of player usage
- Hold down R2 on consumables for rapid usage
- Tooltips now lets you decide whether you want to show the item name or the item info using specific callouts
- Non-data tooltips are instantaneous
Game Input Changes
- Touchpad now navigates inventory HUB to the left (inventory, engrams, tribe manager, etc)
- Options now navigates inventory HUB to the right (inventory, engrams, tribe manager, etc)
- R1 can be used to cycle inventory tab (to switch between inventory and crafting)
- Chat can now be opened within an inventory using L1 + Options or L1+ TouchPad
- L3 can be used to cycle local and remote inventories
- R3 can be used to activate a structure (e.g lighting a campfire)
- Fixed an Island Underwater Cave Crash
- Fixed a Center Underwater Bubble Crash
- Wild Dinos will no longer tick twice
- Timeout or disconnection from player log off has been significantly reduced
The update on Wednesday also activated the Eggcellent Adventure 2 Easter event, which should last for a week. During the event, wild Dodo randomly lay Bunny Eggs, which can be used to craft the following skins at the Cooking Pot: Bunny Ears Skin (25 Bunny Eggs), Dino Bunny Ears Skin (25 Bunny Eggs), Procoptodon Bunny Costume (70 Bunny Eggs).
If you notice the update is live, please let everyone know in the comments below.