First-person shooter/military training/recruitment tool America’s Army is deploying on the PlayStation 4, and it’s much sooner than you think!
In a press release by the US Army, it was announced that America’s Army: Proving Grounds will be hitting the PS4 this summer! Check out the game’s features and what Executive Producer Daniel Kolenich had to say about the announcement.
Daniel Kolenich: July 4th, 2017 is the 15th anniversary of the America’s Army game. This may not be the first version of AA on consoles, but it is the best!
The America’s Army game features:
• Several training exercises designed to sharpen small unit maneuver skills. Exercises are small engagements of 8 players vs. 8 players. These fast-paced maps focus on teaching players how to work as a team and learn basic skills and maneuvers.
• Realistic equipment and military hardware such as such as the M9A1 & M1911 Pistol, 870 MCS shotgun, M14EBR-RI sniper rifle, M24 sniper rifle, M4A1 and the M249 Saw. Players can also use the M67 fragmentation grenade, M106 Fast Obscurant Grenade and the M84 Stun Grenade as well as optics that include the M68 Close Combat Optic, M553 Holographic Weapon Sight, M150 ACOG 4x Optic, Elcan M145 and Ghost Ring Sight.
• Players have the ability to apply medical aid to stop their own bleeding which allows them to maintain their health and stay in the game for completion of the mission. Players can also assist downed squad mates to bring them back into the fight.
• Integrated Voice Over IP for efficient team communication.
• Customization including the camo pattern of their team, the gear load-out of their Soldier and the ability to unlock weapon skins on their weapons and to obtain new optics.
In the same press release, it was revealed that America’s Army: Proving Grounds, which was released in beta form on PC in 2013, has more than 1.3 million player accounts, and 935 years of play time.
Check out gameplay of Proving Grounds in the video below, and prepare to be drafted soon, soldier!