Blizzard has announced that the Overwatch Anniversary Event is now live and will run until Monday, June 12. To access the event, you’ll need to download the new Overwatch update, which is beginning to roll out across all platforms. According to players, it’s 1.5GB on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Here’s what Blizzard says about the Anniversary Event:
We’re humbled and honored to commemorate one year of playing Overwatch with you! What better way to mark the occasion than with new maps and lots of new loot?
We’re adding three new Arena maps to the Arcade, and unleashing more than 100 Anniversary rewards, including our largest-ever release of new Legendary skins! You’ll earn Anniversary Loot Boxes as you play, plus pick up a free box when you log in between May 23 and June 12, 2017. Anniversary Loot Boxes are also available for purchase – but they’ll be locked away after the event ends.
Come celebrate with us!
You can see all of the skins and emotes on the official website, with details on the three new Arena maps below:
Arena maps are small maps built for intense action. Eliminate all enemy players to win a round – and, ultimately, win the match. As part of the Anniversary event, we’ve added three new maps to the Arcade that support up to 3v3 elimination matches.
- Ana Amari has made Necropolis her personal hideout—and an impromptu field base where she can keep an eye on things.
- Head to Ana’s preferred vantage point at the top of the ruins, and use the high ground (and the element of surprise) against the enemy team. Or walk the stone corridors below, and take the fight to them directly – just watch out for pits!
- Castillo is an old fort looking out over Dorado’s bay. It’s the location of Calaveras, a bar frequented by questionable patrons; a graffitied Los Muertos hangout; and Sombra’s hacking den.
- Test your skills against the enemy team throughout Castillo’s multiple levels, and use its winding stairs for cover and strategic advantage.
- On the outskirts of Eichenwalde, the misty Black Forest map wraps around a long-overlooked battlefield dotted with the wreckage of Bastion units.
- Flank your opponents on pathways between the castle and woods, and use the wooden balconies to move between the second stories of houses throughout the forest.
The Anniversary Event loot also includes 24 new voice lines, 25 sprays, and 25 player icons, including golden player icons.
If you’ve yet to purchase Overwatch, the new Game of the Year Edition launched today through the PlayStation Store and is on sale for $41.99 USD, with PlayStation Plus members saving an additional 5%. The sale ends on May 30.
As a reminder, there will be a Free Weekend for Overwatch beginning on Friday, May 26 at 11am PT/2pm ET.
Will you be playing Overwatch during the Anniversary Event?