— EAStarWars (@EAStarWars) July 10, 2017
EA has announced that the Star Wars Battlefront II Beta will begin on Wednesday, October 4 for those who pre-order the game, with the Open Beta starting two days later on Friday, October 6. The Beta period will then conclude on Monday, October 9.
Community Manager Jared Petty talked about what you can expect from the Battlefront II Beta:
Galactic Assault on Naboo
- Join the Separatist droid army or the Republic Clones on the streets of Theed in massive 40 player multiplayer melees.
- Control beloved Star Wars heroes, pilot prequel-era vehicles, and more.
Choose from four distinct trooper classes:
- Assault troopers are classic flankers, pushing the line forward and advancing the front.
- Heavy troopers use their high-powered weapons and personal body shields to take ground and hold it.
- Officers power up their teammates with buffs and deploy remote weapons to support their allies.
- Specialists lay traps and snipe from a distance.
Multiplayer Starfighter Assault
- We’re not sharing all the details around this yet, but we can tell you that you’ll be able to take part in an epic starfighter assault set during the original trilogy era, piloting an assortment of Star Wars’ greatest ships in an objective-based, multi-stage battle. You’ll be learning much more about starfighters in Star Wars Battlefront II at gamescom.
In addition to early access to the Multiplayer Beta, pre-ordering Battlefront II gets you exclusive The Last Jedi outfits for Kylo Ren and Rey, instant access to The Last Jedi Millennium Falcon, and six hero and starfighter epic Star Cards.