Battlefield 1‘s In the Name of the Tsar expansion will bring with it new specializations that DICE hopes will give players “more opportunities and diversity” within each kit. In a recent post on Reddit, the developer explained the new specializations while noting that this is just the beginning and that it plans to add more in future updates.
Here are all the details:
How it works
Specializations are broken down into two different variants: Generic and Kit Specific. Every class has access to 7 Generic Specializations and 2 Kit Specific Specializations.
All players will start with 3 Specializations by default: Flak, Cover and Quick Regen. Further Specializations will be unlocked via completion of new Service Assignments (coming to all players with the “In the Name of the Tsar” expansion), but in the interest of testing and getting feedback, we have unlocked everything for you on the CTE. We will have more information about the Service Assignments at a later time.
Specializations are designed to give players more opportunities and diversity within each kit, not necessarily more power overall. Choices should provide more depth and strategy to gameplay.
List of all Specializations
- Flak: Incoming damager from explosions is reduced by 15%
- Cover: Incoming suppression is reduced by 25%
- Quick Regen: Decrease time before Out of Combat Heal by 20%
- Quick Unspot: Decrease length of time you are Spotted by 2 seconds
- Bayonet Training: Bayonet charge lasts 1 second longer and recovers 1 second quicker
- Hasty Retreat: Increase your maximum sprint speed by 10% whilst you are Suppressed
- Camouflage: When moving slowly or stationary you are invisible to Spot Flares
- Juggernaut: Your Gas Mask also reduces explosive damage by 15% (does stack)
- Controlled Demolition: TNT is now detonated sequentially
- Stimulant Syringe: Reviving an ally give you both a 20% sprint speed for 8 seconds (Does not stack)
- Concealed Rescue: Downed Squad Mates within 20m drop smoke to cover their revival (40s cooldown)
- Unbreakable: Incoming suppression is reduced by 75% when your Bipod is deployed
- Pin Down: The Duration an enemy remains spotted is extended via Suppression
- Scapegoat: A decoy is automatically deployed when struck below 35 health by a distant enemy (30s cooldown)
- Perimeter Alarm: When your Trip Mine is triggered enemies within 15m are marked on the mini-map
Although Battlefield 1 CTE is now live on consoles, initial testing for specializations will happen on PC only. According to DICE, consoles have different release requirements that are beyond the studio’s control. However, the team is hopeful that it’ll be able to begin testing on consoles in the “not too distant future.”