Here Are More Details of the Second Call of Duty: WWII Closed Beta Weekend
The second private beta for Call of Duty: World War II is this weekend, and Sledgehammer Games has more information on what you’ll see in this beta. There will be a new map to play on called Aachen, and a rumored level cap of 40 for players to get to during the weekend. Sledgehammer also states that the Search and Destroy mode will not be available during this beta, but it will be available at the game’s launch.
Here’s the original PlayStation stream that featured Sledgehammer and the beta weekend information:
Charlie Intel pulled out some key information about the beta from the stream:
- All new Map Aachen
- Capture The Flag mode will be added
- New level cap. It’s not clear what the level cap will start at, but an Activision Assist article (now removed) says the final beta level cap will be level 40.
- With the new level cap, new weapons, scorestreaks, and more will be unlocked:
- New Sniper Rifle
- M1A1 Carbine
- Mortar Strike
- TDM score limit will be 100
- Kills in Domination will earn 100 points per kill
- Search and Destroy will not be available in the beta…will be in the game at launch.
- WWII will feature a map voting system at launch; beta does not have it because they want to make sure all maps are being played for testing.
Additionally, Charlie Intel tweeted a video of the new Aachen map:
— Call of Duty News • charlieINTEL.com (@charlieINTEL) August 30, 2017
The second private beta weekend for WWII starts September 1 at 10AM PDT (1PM EDT) and runs until September 4 at 10AM PDT (1PM EDT). Perfect for the Labor Day long weekend!
Call of Duty: World War II will release November 3 on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
[Source: Charlie Intel]