G.rev Ltd.’s Senko no Ronde 2 is out today on PlayStation 4. Costing $39.99, the game is a unique hybrid of bullet hell shooters and fighting games. It’s a one-on-one title where two players face off in a test of skill. Players use a mixture of ranged and melee attacks in combat where defense is just as important as offense.
Here’s the title’s official description:
Players take control of the Rounder and utilize long ranged attacks alongside melee assaults to defeat their opponent. Shields and the all-important dash can be used in defense, with barrage attacks and the almighty B.O.S.S. attack on hand to rain destruction down on the battle field. Featuring an involved storyline, multiple characters and rounders, with local battles, online matching, and more! And with Zuntata alumnus Yasuhisa Watanabe on board, you know the soundtrack is going to be a treat too.
Here’s the full feature set (via publisher Degica Games):
- 14×2 different Rounders, each with unique attacks and techniques
- Musical genre-spanning soundtrack from Yasuhisa Watanabe
- Fully-voiced (Japanese) cast
- Character art by Akira Ito with DUO’s art available in Gallery Mode and DUO Story
- 6 game modes
- Arcade: battle increasingly difficult CPU opponents
- Online/Offline Battle: fight other players on and offline
- Score Attack: battle the CPU and aim for a high score
- DUO Story Mode: rewritten and upgraded scenario from Senko no Ronde DUO
- Practice: hone your Rounder piloting here
Check out the game in action by watching its official trailer:
Senko no Ronde 2 is available now for PlayStation 4 and PC. We’ll have a review soon.