A brand new Overwatch update is now available for the popular first-person shooter. Overwatch update 2.22 features some changes to some very popular characters, as it updates three beloved heroes. Mercy, Lúcio, and Zenyatta have all been tweaked due to the new patch. For example, Lúcio’s speed burst that he “receives after completing a wall ride” has been boosted by 65%. That makes the DJ a much more versatile character to use.
Meanwhile, there have been two major changes to Mercy. The healer can now glide past targeted allies by using the jump button, and her cooldown is no longer reset when Resurrect is used. Her Valkyrie ability has also been slightly tweaked, as it no longer resets the cooldown for Resurrect. Hopefully players that were upset over Mercy’s recent changes will be happier with the slightly changed character.
Check out the Overwatch update 2.22 patch notes below:
- Wall Ride
- The speed boost that Lúcio receives after completing a wall ride has been increased by 65%
- Guardian Angel
- Players can now glide past a targeted ally using the jump key
- Cooldown no longer resets when Resurrect is activated
- No longer resets or reduces Resurrection’s cooldown
- Added a number of additional voice lines for Cultist Zenyatta
- Fixed a bug preventing Mercy’s momentum from slowing down correctly when Guardian Angel was canceled.
- Fixed a bug preventing the visual effects on Sombra’s Pumpkinette victory pose from displaying correctly.
Overwatch update 2.22 is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.