At PAX West 2018, NIS America announced that it’ll be releasing the Kadokawa-developed console version of popular game creation software, RPG Maker MV, in North America on February 26, 2019.
A $60 limited edition is already up for preorder on the publisher’s website. It houses the game in a collector’s box, and includes the official soundtrack and Creator’s Log.
RPG Maker MV‘s localized version comes with the following key features, as detailed by NIS:
- Your next adventure starts here. A fantasy tale of knights and dragons? A modern history of high school romance? A chronicle of gods and demons? If you can dream it, you can make it.
- Game development is easy. RPG Maker MV provides the ease to navigate and develop with the world and character creation, personalization from around the world, and more.
- Brand, upload, and play. Enjoy games made by other players with the RPG Maker MV Player, last intervention to download and play, even without the RPG Maker MV software.
- An endless source of personalization. With hundreds of graphic assets and an infinite number of possibilities to create your own world and history, the sky is the limit.
- Dual audio (English and Japanese).
RPG Maker MV will release for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. We’ll update our readers when a European release date is announced.
RPG Maker MV Release Date Announced for North America