Another Tuesday means another Fortnite update. Update 5.41 introduces us to the Port-a-Fortress a new items that pops up a sizable fortress. It offers instant protection and is a godsend for those who still don’t know how to build (and don’t care to learn).
Take a look a that Port-a-Fortress below.
That is only one of many Fortnite editions. Fans can also get their hands on Bowler, “the newest weapon in the Flintlock set.” Players are encouraged to experiment with Spiky Stadium in Battle Royale – Playground, which allows you to make and share your own mini-game with your squad. Lastly, the Soaring Solos Limited Time Mode allows for gliders has been re-deployed, provided you’re jumping from an adequate height.
Below are the Fortnite update 5.41 patch notes in their entirety:
LIMITED TIME MODE: SOARING SOLOS
Classic Battle Royale with gliders that can be re-deployed by pressing Jump when falling from large heights.
We’ve introduced a new consumable to the Playground LTM that will allow you to spawn an entire Spiky Stadium. We were inspired by the amazing things you’ve been making within Playground, and cannot wait to see what you create as we continue to build out the future of creative mode in Fortnite.
- Limited Time Item: Spiky Stadium
- Present in Playground only, found in red Supply Drops (along with a ton of impulse grenades).
- Builds a 7×11 sized stadium full of Damage Traps and Bouncers.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- It’s huge!
- Builds instantly.
- Includes built-in Bouncers for an easy exit.
- Legendary Rarity.
- Found in Vending Machines, chests, Supply Drops, and Supply Llamas.
- Fixed an issue where there was a slight delay when consuming multiple Small Shield Potions.
- The Grappler will no longer result in an inability to change equipment.
- Reduced the edit button hold timing when using a controller.
- Old School from 0.25s to 0.2s.
- Quick Builder from 0.25s to 0.2s.
- Combat Pro from 0.25s to 0.2s.
- Builder Pro from 0.25s to 0.15s.
- The Storm wall no longer destroys structures during the last few circles of the match.
- Reload audio for the Double Barrel Shotgun no longer plays twice.
- Unsupported characters within in-game names will now show up as �, rather than the fallback debugging font glyph that was previously used. Loading the fallback font was causing long hitches for clients, so we’ve disabled it.
- Fixed an issue causing the reticle to not appear until after you’ve switched weapons.
- Added new generic icons to represent console and desktop platforms for cross-platform play.
ART + ANIMATION
- Added edge glow to wall bounce pads, only visible from the reverse side. This is to help players recognize when a wall bounce pad is on the opposite side of a ledge in front of them.
- CUBE visual effects will no longer get stuck after a player has left the area.
- The Grill Sergeant Outfit will now render properly in-game.
- This fixes the issue where players were seeing a floating head and pickaxe.
SAVE THE WORLD
MISSIONS + SYSTEMS
- Weekly Horde Challenge 7
- This week, deploy your fort against hordes of enemies who are immune to crowd control effects. Stuns, knockbacks and slowing fields won’t help you this time!
- Earn 1500 Gold for the first-time completion.
- This challenge is repeatable for Event Tickets.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from being able to complete Storm Shield Defense side missions.
- The Keen Eyes ability now properly highlights nearby loot.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Bowler Flintlock Launcher added to the Weekly Store.
- Fires cannon balls that damage and knockback groups of enemies.
- The cannon balls can bounce before exploding, damaging nearby enemies with each bounce.
- Available Wednesday, September 19 at 8 PM ET until Wednesday, September 26 at 8 PM ET.
[Source: Epic Games]