Blizzard Is Selling a $200 Genji Sword
The Ultimate Genji sword seems well constructed and features all the expected details. After all, who better to craft this than Blizzard themselves? In addition to the visual accuracy, the sword also glows, thanks to LED illumination. Motion-sensing sound effects will help your theatrics comes to life. You can even hear the “Ryūjin no ken o kurae!” line from Genji’s ultimate.
Here is a video from Blizzard showing it off.
The sword is limited to ten per customer, which seems oddly specific. Here’s an up-close and personal look at the blade and its specifications, according to the official website:
- Comes with 1 Ultimate Genji Sword
- Sword measures 48″ x 5″ with 1/2″ blade.
- The sword weighs 2.9lbs/1320g
- 1 sword sheathe and 1 stand.
- The sheathe weighs .8/lbs 350g
- The stand measures 20″ x 10.5″ x 6.25″. and weighs 1lb/468g.
- Sword contains off/on switch to enable light-up features and creates sound upon motion activation.
- Button on sword handle triggers authentic SFC based on Genji’s Ultimate ability.
- Made of PVC, ABS, alloy and electronic chips.
- Includes 3 AA batteries (1.5V).
- For ages 15+, this is not a toy.
If props aren’t your cup of tea, Blizzard also took the time to bump its official Genji statue, as well as the Genji Funko Pop! Vinyl and Good Smile Company‘s Nendoroid and Figma Genji.