The No Man’s Sky 1.63 patch has officially gone live. On top of a great many bug fixes and gameplay changes awaits a new Exocraft: The Pilgrim.
The existing Exocraft mechanics have also been modified, fixing multiplayer racing as well as increasing inventory sizes and optimizing vehicle summoning. You need only build a Geobay once in your current profile. After that, any and all currently owned Exocrafts can be summoned with unlimited range on any planet where the player has built an Exocraft Summoning Station.
New Exocraft upgrades that allow better control of grip and drift have also been added, and are available through purchase through vendors. You can now also customize your Exocraft fleet as a whole with colour patterns, decals, and boost flame effects. The full list of patch notes can be viewed below:
- Added a new Exocraft, the Pilgrim. Purchase the blueprints for the Pilgrim Geobay from a Blueprint Analyser.
- Added an Exocraft Summoning Station that once built on a planet, allowing all owned exocraft to be summoned from anywhere on that planet. Purchase the blueprints for the Exocraft Summoning Station from a Blueprint Analyser.
- Increased the inventory size of all Exocraft.
- Increased the base speed of the Colossus.
- Added upgrade modules for the Exocraft, similar to the modules available for ships, Multi-Tools and the Exosuit.
- Upgrade Modules are purchasable for Nanites from the Exocraft Technician once their quest chain is complete.
- Modifiable stats include top speed, boost power, fuel efficiency, gun damage and more.
- Expanded the Exocraft Quick Menu options to allow all owned and in-range Exocraft to be summoned, not just the current primary Exocraft.
- Added the ability to customise your Exocraft with unique paint, decals and boost particle options.
- Added specific technology to customise Exocraft handling, allowing drivers to spec their vehicles for grip or drift.
- Added a speedometer display to the HUD while driving an Exocraft.
- Fixed a number of issues with vehicle races, particularly in multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue where Exocraft with laser upgrades could still not mine substances that required an Advanced Mining Laser.
- Fixed an issue where Exocraft could not mine terrain resources.
- Fixed an issue where the Race Initiator was not available at the Blueprint Analyser.
Once more, Hello Games maintains its love and commitment to the fans by continuously adding worthy additions to No Man’s Sky. What do you think of the new Exocraft? Let us know in the comments.