Several weeks ago, the team at Ubisoft Quebec added a Story Creator Mode to Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. On August 1st, the mode will experience a brief scheduled maintenance. As such, it won’t be accessible. This downtime will begin at 8:00 am CST/9:00 am EST, and should last no longer than 30 minutes or so. In this short period of time, Ubisoft plans to deploy a brand-new update that will bring in a Quest Items feature. Additionally, the update will bring a few changes and bug fixes.
Ubisoft addressed the impending update in its website’s forums. The post includes the full rundown of everything the update will feature when it launches early tomorrow morning. Check out the update notes below:
Story Creator Mode:
- New Feature — Quest Items:
- Quest Items can now be added and set in an NPC’s inventory in the NPC’s details. Letters will show the entered text in a small reader on the right side of the screen in-game, giving opportunity to give more context and lore to your Story.
- NPC Creation: Generic NPCs can now be created, giving more options on the actors available for your Stories.
- Set Variable: Integer Variables can now be incremented, decremented or set to a given value.
- Dialogue Editor:
- Choices can now be visible or hidden depending on a variable condition set in the Choice Hub.
- Variable Condition: Added a tooltip to the Condition Type, explaining the function of each type.
Story Creator Mode:
- Invulnerable NPCs can no longer be selected as a target in a Kill Objective
- Objectives can now be linked inside the Objective Group upon their creation.
- Corrected some typos found in tooltips.
As always, no one can know for sure how these changes will evolve the experience until the new update is out in the wild. However, considering Story Creator Mode wholly relies on user-generated content, it may take a couple of days to see how well these new additions to Assassin’s Creed Odyssey fare.
Story Creator Mode itself didn’t get off to much of a fantastic start upon launching. While some players began work on well-developed and unique quest lines as Ubisoft intended, others set about crafting ways in which to farm XP. Cleary, the publisher did not take such news very well. The company quickly released an update to address what it referred to in a statement as “exploits” that risked “jeopardizing the overall quality, integrity, and purpose of Story Creator Mode.”
AC Odyssey Story Creator Mode Update to Add Quest items
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is out now for the PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One.