As promised, today’s Battlefield 2042 update (version 3.3) brings with it a revamped scoreboard alongside bug fixes, improvements, and The Steadfast Exclusive Legendary bundle. Unfortunately, the update doesn’t come with voice functionality for Squads – a glaring omission at launch. But the good news is, DICE has planned another update in April and hopes to introduce the feature then.
Battlefield 2042 update details
You’ll now find an improved Match Overview on the left side of the scoreboard screen, featuring match details, personal stats, and ping information. As previously detailed, the scoreboard now shows team-versus-team split for certain modes as well as death stats. “While these changes were two of your most-requested missing pieces, this is the first version of the Scoreboard, and further improvements will be made to this in subsequent updates, based upon your continued feedback such as the Scoreboard being available during the End of Round screens,” DICE wrote.
Patch notes for bug fixes and improvements are as follows:
- Fixed a game crash that could occur on Origin or Xbox One when signing in/out while using an Xbox One controller
- Setting “Chat” Key Bindings no longer requires a game restart to take effect
- Adjusted Aim Assist on console to ensure that the system is in effect when analogue sticks are at 100% of their range. Previously it was only active at ranges below 100%
- Fixed a bug where takedowns would not result in a kill on Xbox One and PlayStation 4
- Established new location for our EU Data Centre as Frankfurt
- Conquest & Breakthrough – fixed a bug where the Securing Objective XP-event was triggered even after a Capture Point was already fully captured
- Hazard Zone – fixed a visual bug displaying squad mates during the match found sequence
- Hazard Zone – fixed a bug where the End of Round XP gains sometimes didn’t trigger