Angry Demon Studio’s hyperactive hack n’ slasher Gori: Cuddly Carnage has unleashed a new trailer that delves into the backstory of its heroic duo of sentient kid’s toys.
Killer cat toy
Revealed through the eyes and mouth of a synthetic hoverboard (and Gori’s best friend, F.R.A.N.K!), players are introduced to the back story and the complete lineup of reluctant heroes, tasked with saving the galaxy.
Humanity has been destroyed – and it’s up to Gori, along with his deadly but wise-cracking sentient hoverboard, F.R.A.N.K, and morose A.I. companion, CH1-P, to slay the evil Adorable Army with lethal combos.
Fuelled by insatiable demand, ‘Cool-Toys Inc.’ created ‘Ultra Pets.’ The ultimate companions that never hunger, never require bathroom breaks, and are impervious to the ravages of time. Little did anyone expect the mutation that transformed these perfect pets into twisted toys straight from your nightmares, hell-bent on wiping out humanity.
Players must master explosive weaponry and devastating combos in an epic battle to prevent the Adorable Army from conquering the galaxy, and rescue Professor Y, their missing creator and only human who showed Gori and his friends love. Push combat and platforming skills to the limits as you fight through twisted landscapes filled with environmental hazards, razor-sharp adult humor, and a bone-crunching, pulse-pounding soundtrack.
The developer has listed some key features of Gori: Cuddly Carnage.
- Play as a badass cat with a team of unlikely heroes
- Battle blood-thirsty hordes of mutated toys
- Explore multiple levels filled with lethal environmental hazards
- Master a devastating arsenal of explosives, razor-sharp weaponry, and unlockable moves
- Use your extreme hoverboard parkour skills to explore every corner of the level for collectibles
- Turn the town red with F.R.A.N.K’s blades as you slice and dice
- Skate and slay out to an original bone-crunching soundtrack
Gori: Cuddly Carnage will launch in early 2024 on PC, Utomik, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One.